“A French court upheld a 2012 ruling in which Monsanto was found guilty of chemical poisoning of a French farmer, who says he suffered neurological problems after inhaling the U.S. company’s Lasso weedkiller,” Reuters reports.
Jen Hobbs Paul Francois, French grain grower, suffered neurological problems after inhaling Monsanto’s Lasso weedkiller. He says he suffered “memory loss, headaches and stammering after inhaling Monsanto’s Lasso in 2004” and he blames Monsanto for not providing adequate warnings on the product label. In 2012, Francois sued Monsanto and won. The company appealed the case, and today the initial decision